The University of Houston-Victoria was recognized Friday evening with 13 prestigious ADDY awards for advertising creative excellence including a Best of Interactive Award and two Special Judges Awards.
|A Night for the Jaguars invitation|
“I am so proud of all the hard work put in by the entire Marketing Department during the past year to produce eye-catching creative pieces that get UHV’s message out,” said Paula Cobler, UHV interim director of marketing and communications.
UHV won the awards at the American Advertising Federation-Victoria ADDY Awards Gala attended by about 250 guests at the Spring Creek Place Event Center.
Members of the UHV Marketing Department who worked on the projects are Cobler; Melody Vecera, creative services manager; Amberley Gutierrez and Cari Laza, graphic designers; Ken Cooke, former communications specialist; Harry Bashaw, former Internet technician; and Della Rampley, administrative secretary.
Below are the awards received and the name of the project:
- Best of Interactive – Jaguar Journey 2010-2011 annual report website
- Special Judges Award – zombie uprising poster campaign
- Special Judges Award – Jaguar Journey new student orientation logo
- Gold Award Special Event Campaign – Jaguar Journey 2010-2011 annual report invitation and collateral pieces
- Gold Award Special Event Invitation – A Night for the Jaguars invitation
- Gold Award Online Annual Report – Jaguar Journey 2010-2011 annual report website
- Gold Award Elements of Advertising Logo – Jaguar Journey new student orientation logo
- Gold Award Elements of Advertising Animation or Special Effects – Jaguar Journey 2010-2011 annual report website animation
- Silver Award Collateral Materials Book Design – UHV 2011-2012 calendar
- Silver Award Poster – “Hooded America: Undercover in the White Supremacy Movement” lecture series presentation
- Silver Award Poster Campaign – zombie uprising poster campaign ·Silver Award Direct Marketing Campaign – financial aid postcard campaign
- Bronze Award Elements of Advertising Logo – Jaguar Journey 2010-2011 annual report logo
|Zombie uprising poster campaign|
“I am particularly pleased that the 2010-2011 UHV annual report received recognition because it is one of the key projects the Marketing Department works on during the year, and it involves everyone working together on the design, writing and website,” Vecera said.
The ADDY Awards is a three-tiered national competition conducted annually by the American Advertising Federation. The five gold awards UHV won Friday night will be entered in the District ADDY Awards competition. District winners then compete in the national ADDY Awards competition.
The ADDYs are the advertising industry’s largest and most representative competition for creative excellence.