HOUSTON, August 30, 2010 – A search committee to select a new president for the University of Houston-Victoria was announced today by University of Houston System Chancellor Renu Khator.
Chaired by William Staples, president of UH Clear Lake, the 12-member committee will conduct a nationwide search before making its recommendation.
In addition to Staples, presidential search committee members include: ·
- Tom Butler – president, Victoria College
- Jane Fry – president, Faculty Senate/associate professor, education, UHV
- Dagoberto Gilb – executive director of Centro Victoria
- Yong Glasure – professor, business, UHV
- Miles Harrison, Staff Council chair, UHV
- Jan Jacob -- co-chair of the Crossroads Commission on Education
- Massoud Metghalchi – professor, business, UHV
- Paige Ruschhaupt – Student Senate president, UHV
- Cindy Schnebly – former president, Faculty Senate, associate professor, arts and sciences, UHV
- Kathryn Tart – dean of nursing, UHV
- Kay Kerr Walker – former UH System regent