UHV to host first Leadercast Women conference
After hosting Leadercast Victoria for the past six years, the University of Houston-Victoria Small Business Development Center will present the inaugural Leadercast Women.
A live, worldwide leadership conference, Leadercast Women will be broadcast from Atlanta on Oct. 5 and feature nine speakers who are nationally recognized for being powered by purpose. The Victoria simulcast will be from 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. at the Victoria College Emerging Technology Center, 7403 Lone Tree Road.
The conference theme is “Powered by Purpose.” Top female leaders will share their experiences, expertise and provide relevant takeaways to help attendees grow as leaders. While geared toward women, the conference is open to everyone.
“I’ve seen firsthand how local businesses benefit every year from Leadercast,” SBDC Director Joe Humphreys said. “I’m confident the same will be true for Leadercast Women. The lineup of speakers is a dynamic group of leaders, authors and business professionals. It should make for an educational and enlightening day.”
The speakers are:
- Laura Vanderkam, author of “I Know How She Does It” and “What the Most Successful People Do Before Breakfast”
- Neeta Bhushan, speaker, author and socially conscious entrepreneur
- Bernice King, CEO of The King Center, founder of Be A King and author of “Hard Questions, Heart Answers”
- Ginger Hardage, former senior vice president of culture and communications at Southwest Airlines
- “Mama Jfan” Smith, multiplatinum vocal coach and Grammy-nominated producer
- Shabnam Mogharabi, CEO and executive producer of SoulPancake
- Jenn Lim, CEO and chief happiness officer of Delivering Happiness
- Tammy Tibbetts, CEO and co-founder of She’s the First
- Molly Fletcher, former top sports agent and author
While women hold less than 4 percent of CEO positions worldwide, studies show that organizations are more effective when men and women have a leadership voice, Humphreys said.
“Women can bring different viewpoints and insights to a leadership role,” he said. “Having women in leadership positions can help companies with problem solving, strategizing and team building. Events like this one encourage women to step up and seek leadership opportunities.”
Individual tickets for Leadercast Women cost $105. Pricing is $90 for groups of 10 or more and $95 for groups of five to nine attendees. To purchase tickets, go to LeadVictoria.com.
For more information, tickets or sponsorship information, call the UHV SBDC at 361-485-4485 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The University of Houston-Victoria, located in the heart of the Coastal Bend region since 1973 in Victoria, Texas, offers courses leading to more than 80 academic programs in the schools of Arts & Sciences; Business Administration; and Education, Health Professions & Human Development. UHV provides face-to-face classes at its Victoria campus, as well as an instructional site in Katy, Texas, and online classes that students can take from anywhere. UHV supports the American Association of State Colleges and Universities Opportunities for All initiative to increase awareness about state colleges and universities and the important role they have in providing a high-quality and accessible education to an increasingly diverse student population, as well as contributing to regional and state economic development.