10 UHV programs recognized as top in the U.S.
Nearly a dozen University of Houston-Victoria degree programs from each of the university’s three schools recently were ranked as some of the best in the nation by a national student-focused website.
Intelligent.com, a website that provides research to help students make informed decisions about higher education programs, announced its 2020 rankings for degrees at U.S. institutions of higher education.
The rankings and programs were:
- 2 – Master of Fine Arts in Creative Writing in the Best Online Master’s in Creative Writing Degree Programs
- 12 – Global Master of Business Administration in Human Resources Management in the Best Online MBA in Human Resources Degree Programs
- 16 – Strategic MBA with an International Business concentration in the Best Online MBA in International Business Degree Programs
- 18 – Master of Education in Special Education with an Applied Behavior Analysis concentration in the Best Online Board Certified Behavior Analysts Master’s Degree Program
- 20 – M.Ed. in Adult & Higher Education in the Best Online Master’s in Adult Education/Learning Degree Programs
- 26 – Master of Arts in Counseling Psychology and M.A. in Forensic Psychology in the Best Online Master’s in Psychology Degree Programs
- 28 – Strategic MBA in Marketing in the Best Online MBA in Marketing Degree Programs
- 29 – M.Ed. in Adult & Higher Education with Adult Education, Higher Education, and Discipline and Instruction tracks in the Best Online Master’s in Higher Education Degree Programs
- 30 – Bachelor of Business Administration in Finance in the Best Online Finance Degree Programs
- 32 – Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice in the Best Online Criminal Justice Degree Programs
The rankings were calculated through a scoring system that included student engagement, potential return on investment and leading third-party evaluations. The website analyzed hundreds of schools with comparable programs on a scale of 0 to 100, with UHV making it to the final list for 10 programs. The methodology used an algorithm that collected and analyzed multiple rankings into one score to easily compare each university’s program.
“These rankings are an indication of UHV’s growing presence as a leading institution that provides a quality education at an affordable price where students love being involved,” said Chance Glenn, UHV provost and vice president for academic affairs. “It is wonderful to see these excellent programs receive recognition from an outside source.”
The website provided a score, the school department name, estimated cost per credit, accreditations, online programs and contact information for each school that was ranked.
For example, in the creative writing list, UHV was compared with more than 400 other programs nationwide. The top selections were seen as highly regarded, cost effective and flexible. The UHV degree program earned a score of 98.65 and was named the “Best in the South” by the website.
The University of Houston-Victoria, located in the heart of the Coastal Bend region since 1973, offers courses leading to more than 80 academic programs in the schools of Arts & Sciences; Business Administration; and Education, Health Professions & Human Development. UHV provides face-to-face classes at its Victoria campus, as well as an instructional site in Katy, and online classes that students can take from anywhere. UHV supports the American Association of State Colleges and Universities Opportunities for All initiative to increase awareness about state colleges and universities and the important role they have in providing a high-quality and accessible education to an increasingly diverse student population, as well as contributing to regional and state economic development.