UHV presidential search committee appointed
HOUSTON, August 30, 2010 – A search committee to select a new president for the University of Houston-Victoria was announced today by University of Houston System Chancellor Renu Khator.
Chaired by William Staples, president of UH Clear Lake, the 12-member committee will conduct a nationwide search before making its recommendation.
In addition to Staples, presidential search committee members include: ·
- Tom Butler – president, Victoria College
- Jane Fry – president, Faculty Senate/associate professor, education, UHV
- Dagoberto Gilb – executive director of Centro Victoria
- Yong Glasure – professor, business, UHV
- Miles Harrison, Staff Council chair, UHV
- Jan Jacob -- co-chair of the Crossroads Commission on Education
- Massoud Metghalchi – professor, business, UHV
- Paige Ruschhaupt – Student Senate president, UHV
- Cindy Schnebly – former president, Faculty Senate, associate professor, arts and sciences, UHV
- Kathryn Tart – dean of nursing, UHV
- Kay Kerr Walker – former UH System regent
The University of Houston-Victoria, located in the heart of the Coastal Bend region since 1973, offers courses leading to 70 bachelor’s, master’s and specialist degree programs and concentrations in the schools of Arts & Sciences; Business Administration; and Education, Health Professions & Human Development. UHV provides face-to-face classes at its Victoria campus, as well as a teaching center in Katy, and online classes that students can take from anywhere. UHV supports the American Association of State Colleges and Universities Opportunities for All initiative to increase awareness about state colleges and universities, and the important role they have in providing a high-quality and accessible education to an increasingly diverse student population, as well as contributing to regional and state economic development.